SOLVED Can't configure email for alert notification. Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Dabbler
I am trying to configure freenas to send me email notifications but somehow the process isn't working. The test mail is not going through. I thing google is not allowing access to their mail via freenas. They have also sent me a mail saying "Sign-In Attempt Prevented".

I don't know if I am doing something wrong as I'm totally new to freenas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
mail1.jpg

ethereal

Guru
it looks like you have the same settings as me (i use gmail as well - my one works). are you sure you have the password and confirmation correct?

you need to enter the password and the password confirmation - hit save and then hit send test email

Muku

Dabbler
Tried after saving the password and confirmation... same thing... :(

ethereal

Guru
have you configured the root user?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Follow the instructions google is giving you.

If you're using two factor authentication, you'll need to setup an application password.

Muku

Dabbler
Solved it at last!

Google was not letting freenas in because it doesn't meet modern security standard. After turning on "Access for less secure apps" in gmail settings, The issue was resolved.

gnail1.jpg

Now, this incident concerns me. Turning on access for less secure apps makes my account vulnerable and Security of email account is very crucial.Freenas should have been designed to meet these standards. How can we use this "send email" feature of freenas if it weakens out mail account?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Just use two-factor authentication and create an app password for FreeNAS.

Muku

Dabbler
Status
Not open for further replies.