Can't access WebGUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

faztic

Dabbler
I can't access the webGUI, i can ping the server. I can see it on the router, it has 192.168.1.108 but when i type that in i go to some ASrock login page. the motherboard got hit by a surgespike earlier and has been replaced with an identical model.
I have set the IP to 192.168.1.253/24 . I have tried Explorer and firefox.
The hardware is ASrock Rack E3C226D2I LGA1150
Intel i3 4160, 16 GB cruical ECC RAM, 6*WD Red 3 TB, OS is installed on a 16 gb kingston USB

faztic

Dabbler
Its freeNAS 9.3

Redcoat

MVP
Sounds like the IP you are using is that for the IPMI interface. I'd look first at the info from your router again for another IP address for the server. If I don't find it there I'd hook a keyboard and monitor directly to the server, boot up FreeNAS and read the webserver address that's identified at the end of the bootup process. Use that to get to the GUI and set a fixed IP for the server.
Redcoat.

faztic

Dabbler
The bootup screen says ...253 but i cant access the webGUI with that adress. I have done several reboots

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, what happens, exactly? Any errors? Does the browser simply not find anything? Can you access other things on your network?

rsquared

Explorer
It sounds like you may have your network cable plugged in to the wrong interface. That board has 3 ethernet jacks. The one right above the USB ports is dedicated to IPMI and the other are considered LAN1 and LAN2 (top and bottom). The one you configured on FreeNAS is most likely LAN1, so try that first, but if it doesn't work try the other.

faztic

Dabbler
thank you rsquared, it now works and i feel embarrased

wraith

Contributor
Hi,

I've just recently started having a similar, if not the same, issue.

I was in the process of performing a burn-in of 5 new WD 3Tb Red Drives. After running the smartctl command for the long test I left the server to do its thing [estimated 393min for each drive]. I was performing the test concurrently on all five drives. I was using PuTTY to access the server via SSH.

After a while I came back and noted that PuTTY was inactive and the WebGUI was experiencing an error. THe router confirmed that the network connection to the server was gone. After a reboot the connection was restored [according to the router] but I am still unable to login via the WebGUI or PuTTY [using SSH]. After two reboots Firefox and IE are unable to connect [they time out]. I have tried both of the network LAN and can confirm I haven't got the LAN IP [192.168.0.5] confused with the IPMI IP [192.168.0.12].

I've attempted to boot into a previous version of FreeNAS 9.3 but this hasn't helped. the boot menu confirms that the webgui should be accessible from 192.168.0.5.

Using KVM to jump to the boot up screen, I did note a bunch of text after the boot up menu. Text such as:
freenas kernal: arp: 0c:c4:7a:6a:5a:6c is using my IP address 19.168.0.5 on epair0b!
freenas kernal: arp: 02:63:46:00:09:0b attempts to modify permanent entry for 192.168.0.5

0c:c4:7a:6a:5a:6c is the MAC address for the FreeNAS LAN. I do not currently know what the other MAC address. It's not being reported from my router.

This appears to occur when I loaded up the Java iKVM window.

I was able to get into the system by rebooting the server. However, this was only temporary and eventually the WebGUI reported "Sorry, an error has occured" or similiar. The WebGUI reported a "The WebGUI address could not bind to 192.168.0.5: using wild card"error. Not sure if this is part of the cause.

Any help in getting access back to my server would be appreciated! :)

wraith

Contributor
Hmmmmmm... I thought that the router reboot would've resolved that but maybe not. Either way, I've been able to reset the freenas ip to a static address of 192.168.0.251. So far so good. What is interesting, however, is the "WARNING: The WebGUI address could not bind..." error still pops up. I've dismissed it and see if it reoccurs.

I changed the IPMI LAN address to a static of 192.168.0.250; now i've lost connection to that. I've tried correcting it in BIOS to no avail [static ip: 192.168.0.250; subnet: 255.255.255.000, gateway: 192.168.0.1] but still struggling. Any ideas on that one?

And at the same time as the original issue, the files on my volume disappeared, to be replaced with folders of the same name but with a grey cross. What does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.