Can't access web GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

carleycr

Patron
I'm having some difficulty accessing the Web GUI for my Freenas Setup.

It's been working fine for the last month since I built it up until today.

I was restarted it multiple times and even has a static IP setup for both NIC's on my router but now its not even showing up in my router devices. I'm thinking NIC's could have went out, but the IPMI shows them as active and working.

AsRock c2750
8GB Corsair ECC RAM

When I do restart and hook it up to monitor and keyboard all i get on the screen are these messages over and over such as the ones below plus no URL. It says "no configured interfaces were found. Try to do it manually."

sabnzbd_1 cron[10918]: login_getclass: unkonwn class 'daemon'
same thing for sickbeard and transmission.
saying something about /etc/login.conf is not owned by root for the plugins as well. I really don't want to start over from scratch and I dont have my config backed up.

Can someone please help me. I am a noob.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Bad ethernet cable pehaps?

carleycr

Patron
tested and working fine. which is making me lean more towards bad NIC which im really not hoping is the case as I do not want to RMA only a month after owning board. thanks for the quick reply BigDave

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I'm thinking NIC's could have went out, but the IPMI shows them as active and working.
I'm not familiar with your board, but if you have an expansion slot and an old NIC laying around...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Look around in BIOS and see if you notice anything conspicuously disabled.

carleycr

Patron
Thanks, but nothing there either. Most everything can be managed and looked at via the IPMI port my board has. I also have looked there and nothing.

carleycr

Patron
AsRock support emailed me. They want me to save and run an exe tool they have on my freenas bootable USB to check if they NICS have a connection. They told me to run in a DOS command prompt. I told them this is not possible in FreeNAS. I just want to make sure I'm correct on this so I know this is not a viable test option. I should be able to run ifconfig -a to see the MAC address's, which I have with no results. I have noticed i can't move up on the shell in my freenas either so i could be wrong.

Any more suggestions/help appreciated.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
AsRock support emailed me. They want me to save and run an exe tool they have on my freenas bootable USB to check if they NICS have a connection. They told me to run in a DOS command prompt. I told them this is not possible in FreeNAS. I just want to make sure I'm correct on this so I know this is not a viable test option. I should be able to run ifconfig -a to see the MAC address's, which I have with no results. I have noticed i can't move up on the shell in my freenas either so i could be wrong.

Any more suggestions/help appreciated.

You can make a FreeDOS boot stick and use it to run their tool. It's worth a shot.

carleycr

Patron
So I finally had some time tonight to run their tool from a DOS flash drive and it passed. I still find it strange that I still don't see NIC's on my network though. I did take a pic with my phone to show you guys what error I'm getting because I still can't get it to work. Hopefully this helps. It just keeps saying these errors over and over again. If there is a way to backup my config file and start over i'd be more than happy to do that, I just have no clue how or if its even possible at this point. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• FreeNAS_Error.jpg
    FreeNAS_Error.jpg
    806.1 KB · Views: 265

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can try a clean install. Probably won't help, but it's as easy as copying FreeNAS to a new USB drive (keeping the old one safe) and seeing what happens.

carleycr

Patron
I guess I'm a little confused at what you're saying. If I copy the same contents over to a new USB drive, won't it do the same exact thing, just using a different USB drive?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I guess I'm a little confused at what you're saying. If I copy the same contents over to a new USB drive, won't it do the same exact thing, just using a different USB drive?

I mean, get the files from download.freenas.org and make a new installation on the new drive.

carleycr

Patron
Will I then be able to get the config file from the old drive and transfer that over? Will I also be able to keep the existing data on my drives without reformatting?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Will I then be able to get the config file from the old drive and transfer that over? Will I also be able to keep the existing data on my drives without reformatting?

For now, we're just trying to figure out if this is an easy fix.

However, the answer is yes* and yes.

The asterisk on the first yes is because the config itself may be causing the problem. In that case, you wouldn't want to use the same config file.

carleycr

Patron
OK. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry, noob here. I'll try this weekend.

carleycr

Patron
So I am successful in the fresh install of FreeNAS on a new flash drive. Now my big questions are how I import the ZFS volume I had and possibly the config file?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If you've confirmed that the network is now working, SSH in (or use the WebGUI terminal window) and enter

Code:
zpool import

And tell us how it goes.

carleycr

Patron
I got it. 9.2 has an volume auto import option which i used and everything seems to be there for datasets and jails.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Ok, since the config file was causing trouble, I recommend you manually set everything up again.

danb35

Hall of Famer
...and once you have it set up, back up your config. Better yet, follow the guide in the how-to section on setting up automatic backups of your config database.

Status
Not open for further replies.