Cannot Import Existing Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiloshDirect

Cadet
Fair warning, fairly new to FreeNAS. I had an existing (FreeNAS equivalent to) RAID 5 volume across 4 1tb disks. When I moved I misplaced the flash drive that FN was installed on. I Installed the latest stable version to a new flash drive and got it up and running. The issue is now that my old volume does not show up and when I go to import a volume it hangs saying "Step 1 of 2" with a progress bar. I have let it sit for at least 30 minutes and nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Base specs are below:

2x Opteron 280
10gb ECC RAM
4x 1TB HDDs

gpsguy

Please explain what you mean by this statement?

What were you running before? OS and version?

If the disks used UFS - support for UFS was dropped, beginning with FreeNAS 9.3.

I had an existing (FreeNAS equivalent to) RAID 5 volume across 4 1tb disks.

MiloshDirect

Cadet
Thanks for the reply. I don't remember which version it was specifically. It was the latest FreeNAS as of about a year and a half ago. I also don't remember the name of the file system. Of the 4tbs it gave me roughly 2.7tb usable so I imagine it was something similar to RAID 5, but I don't remember the exact type. I suppose I could try an older version and see what happens, but I would think it would just give me an error or something, rather than just endlessly show a progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.