Can't Import Encrypted Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

XylexRayne

Cadet
I have been using FreeNas for the better part of 3 years now. You guys were able to help me recover from a problem I suffered a couple years ago, and I am hoping you can help me once again.

This is my 4th NAS and this one is a BEAST.
x12 Seagate 3TB Baracudas. x2 6 Drive RAIDz2.
Intel Xeon E5-2620 4x Samsung DDR3 ECC Reg 16GB = 64GBs

Here is what I had done.
I create the first pool (x6 3Tb Drives, Raidz2) Which I used encryption on. I put about 4TBs of data on the pool.
Later, I extended the existing volume by adding the other 6 Drives, and created the 2nd pool, bringing my space to 21.4TBs. Then, I made the passphrase and saved the encryption keys.
The flash drive chose now to fail on me. I setup another install on a new flash drive, and went straight to import the volume. Every time, I get import errors on all 12 drives.
I tried it on the original 6, same error. Strangely enough, if I give it recovery_geli.key and dont specify a passphrase. it doesn't error, but the volume dropdown is empty.

Is there something I did wrong? Anything I could be doing differently?
Thanks

DJ9

Contributor
Did you save the key and passphrase as per section 6.3.4.1 of the documentation? If not, your screwed. :(

XylexRayne

Cadet
As I stated, I was attempting to use them and I kept getting errors, as if I was giving it the wrong key or passphrase. I have all the information from the encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.