BTSync Plugin, indexing but not transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froberg

Cadet
Hi all

I have an ASRock 2750 motherboard, fresh from RMA with the dreaded CPU fault, which bricked my Xpenology box. Well, technically it lived once the motherboard was replaced, but due to software raid errors it decided to toss my array. Nail-in-coffin, I decided to give FreeNAS yet another go. Last fiddling with it ages ago.

In trying to understand how jails work, how shares operate in FreeNAS as well as datasets, I feel like I've gotten a semi-solid handle on matters. I followed these instructions; https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/btsync-configuration-guide.22927/ to configure the permissions inside the BTSync jail. Essentially I am trying to recover my data from my secondary zyxel NAS, which is currently holding the only remaining copy of my data, after the Xpenology array failed.
I have been using BTSync to keep the two synchronized and backed up, and it's been working well. I wanted to use this for the FreeNAS, too.

As I mentioned, permissions have been set and BT sync has indexed all the folders, and written the folders. But no data is being transferred. There's a sync folder, the entire folder structure has been created, but nothing is being transferred.

I've added groups for each shared directory with access and added the same groups with the same id's in the jail. My own windows-access user has been given the same group rights too, and works beautifully. (Uploading some data now from Windows) - but Sync just seems to be doing.. nothing. There's nothing to be found in the interface under errors.. it just simply stopped indexing, after finishing the folder creation, and just sits there.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Froberg

Cadet
Nope. I managed to get recovery done manually and managed to set up both Plex and Sickrage in jails with proper permissions, so I feel like I understood it correctly.
Meanwhile FreeNAS decided to throw a random reboot my way and is now refusing to load the array. Stuck for 16 hours in importing zfs volume. Quite odd. I had just finished setting almost everything up, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.