Boot filesystem damaged in usb disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertcd

Cadet
Hi.
I have a installation with FREENAS 9.1.1 in a usb flash disk kingston 16Gb. After a power outage, Freenas don't boot, show this message: (see picture)

WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found

If i try start /rescue/sh shell, the commands (p.e. fsck) don't work

I execute fsck -t ufs -y /dev/da2s4 in a shell, but give much error for "CAM"

What I can I do to restart freenas?

Thanks you, regards.

Attachments

• FreeNAS error.jpg
    FreeNAS error.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 366

joeschmuck

Old Man
My advice is to take a separate USB drive and load FreeNAS on it and boot that. If you made a backup of the same release version then you can restore it and reboot and everything will hopefully be restored. I say use a second flash drive because if that doesn't work, maybe someone could talk you through fixing the corrupted one.

Two things you should do when having a NAS:
1) Have an Un-interuptable Power Supply (UPS) that can communicate with your NAS so it will shut it down in an orderly manner when power goes out.
2) Backup your configuration.

albertcd

Cadet
Hi.
thanks you for your quickly reply....

I installed Freenas, 2 weeks ago, and i haven't backups, how can i recovery db file of configuration?

Thanks

Jason Hamilton

Contributor
I'm not certain on the recovery of the db. But what you can do with a fresh install is have it import your storage. Then set things back up the way that they were. I also do not have a UPS on mine as of yet but it is something that I am working on purchasing.

albertcd

Cadet
Hi.
I have a UPS installed, but if the power outage is very large... the ups battery dead and the computer shutdown with close the system...

Thanks u

joeschmuck

Old Man
The UPS thing, find one that has a USB or Serial port connection, something compatable with your NAS hardware, ensure you setup the UPS setings so it will shutdown during a power failure (unplug the UPS from the wall to test it). It's a wise investment.

So you won't be fixing the db file, you need to start over with respect to creating the USB stick. Once done you can "Auto Import" your storage. From there you will need to redo all your setups. Once done, crate a backup of your configuration. Check out the FreeNAS manual for that help.

Good Luck, we have all been down this path in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.