Best way to make a read only map point to Plugin Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar

Contributor
I am using maraschino inside my jail and I want to add a free space widget for my entire pool. So I need to make a map point to the root of my pool but I don't want anything from inside the jail to be able to write to this map point. what would be the best way to make this map point read only, permissions???

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Don't quote me, but I believe nullfs mounts don't have permission / UUID options. so if you give access to files to your jail, your jail's root user has complete access. So if it's 777 outside the jail. I believe it's 777 inside the jail..

ProtoSD

MVP
Under normal conditions a jail has its own private fstab and mounts can be changed just like a regular fstab. Currently the jail's fstab gets created from the FreeNAS database when you start the jail plugin. You can find it in /etc and it will be called fstab.whatever-you-named-your-jail. Inside that you can see where the mounts are read-write. The problem is if you change it there, it will get overwritten when you restart the jail. In the next version of FreeNAS, 9.1, which should be out sometime in June, I think you will be able to configure things like this from the GUI along with hopefully several other important options.

Status
Not open for further replies.