Access Over OpenVPN

Peque

Dabbler
Hey Forum.
I have a problem that that certainly not sure its related to freenas - but it loopk that way.

I have a Freenas Installed for networkshares- Works fine through LAN ( and also site to siteVPN in a Microtik - but cannot Road Warroir working at the same time)
So instead I setup an another OpenVPN server on another ports and have some access.
LAN --> 192.168.201.0/24
VPN --> 10.10.11.0/29

Now the strange part:
I can ping my freenas server - I can login to the Webinterface and administrate the Freeenas. - BUT i cannot get access to the SMB shares.
Well - then I tried accessing other share (on normal laptops ) no problem with accessing other shares at the 192.168.201.0 network

Should I do something special inside freenas for getting access to the shares from the VPN - add an route or ?
What could be the issue - or isn't it related to Freenas ( I think it does - but not sure) but I cannot see any other options - since I have access to all other stuff through the VPN

Thanks in advance
P

There is a hosts_allow section in the Advanced section of each SMB shares, try setting them to 10.10.11.0 192.168.201.0. I think it only allows clients on same subnet by default.

Last edited: