Samba share access from macOS

CEH1934

Dabbler
I have Freenas 11.3-U4.1 on my home LAN, with static IP addresses on the 10.0.1.0/24 subnet. I have no trouble accessing the NAS web GUi. I have a share defined with my user name (both lower case). In macOS 10.15.6 I can see the server, but every logon attempt brings the message "There was a problem connecting to the server “10.0.1.11”. Check the server name or IP address ...". I've turned my VPN off and on, firewall off, no change. I can easily access a Raspberry on the LAN.

Really frustrated. Any suggestions would be really welcome.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have Freenas 11.3-U4.1 on my home LAN, with static IP addresses on the 10.0.1.0/24 subnet. I have no trouble accessing the NAS web GUi. I have a share defined with my user name (both lower case). In macOS 10.15.6 I can see the server, but every logon attempt brings the message "There was a problem connecting to the server “10.0.1.11”. Check the server name or IP address ...". I've turned my VPN off and on, firewall off, no change. I can easily access a Raspberry on the LAN.

Really frustrated. Any suggestions would be really welcome.
What's the output of "testparm -s"?

CEH1934

Dabbler
What's the output of "testparm -s"?
Hi anodos - afraid I can only provide the result as photos; haven't learnt how to capture from the shell.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 150

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Okay. You're using a "homes" share. This means that the path that you're client is authenticating to will change depending on the credentials presented to our server. PM me a debug (System->Advanced->Save Debug) when you have an opportunity.

CEH1934

Dabbler
Okay. You're using a "homes" share. This means that the path that you're client is authenticating to will change depending on the credentials presented to our server. PM me a debug (System->Advanced->Save Debug) when you have an opportunity.
Solved thanks to anodos' review and advice. The Home setting for the share, apart from being unnecessary for my usage, was complicating the permissions. I changed the controlling user and deleted the Home share setting. Instant connection.