A couple of FreeNAS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Oh, this is the card they are getting me, just to be double sure before they ship:
AOC-S3008L-L8e HBA 12Gb/s.
That should be just fine. You'll want to flash the latest firmware on it, but that's straightforward enough.

tvsjr

Guru
Yes they have been super helpful and have had other customers buying to build FreeNAS, they even list some stuff as working well with FreeNAS -> https://unixsurplus.com/collections...-2x-e5-2680-2-8ghz-192gb-2-port-10gbe-sfp-nic

I will wait the new HBA card and then start the build and see how it goes, I will also confirm that I have 'ECC' memory that I saw documented somewhere.

Thanks for all the help!
That box is virtually identical to what I'm running - I paid less, but I built it myself versus being a turnkey solution. Just bear in mind that quiet it ain't. It's not ludicrous like some of the screaming-banshee 1U pizza boxes out there... but, especially if you have all 36 drives populated, it takes quite a lot of high quality cold air to keep those drives happy. Make sure you've got some plan to deal with the heat (that doesn't involve "shove it in the closet and forget about it").

Status
Not open for further replies.