SOLVED 32GB Mirrored Boot drive already Full?! I only have Three boot Environments

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwoodcomb

Explorer
I got a notification today that "The capacity for the volume 'freenas-boot' is currently at 91%, while the recommended value is below 80%."

How is this possible? I just looked and I only have 3 boot environments: Default, Initial-Install, and 9.10.1-U4.

I only built this freenas server a little over a month ago and it has 2 x 32GB Flash Drives (Mirrored) as boot drives

Attachments

• bootdrive.png
    bootdrive.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 204

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Most likely, something is writing to the boot pool when it shouldn't. What's the output of zfs list -r freenas-boot?

[CODE][/CODE] tags please!

drwoodcomb

Explorer
Most likely, something is writing to the boot pool when it shouldn't. What's the output of zfs list -r FreeNAS-boot?

It looks like the command did not work. Am I doing it right?

Code:

[root@freenas ~]# zfs list -r FreeNAS-boot																						
cannot open 'FreeNAS-boot': dataset does not exist																				
[root@freenas ~]#																												 

drwoodcomb

Explorer
Most likely, something is writing to the boot pool when it shouldn't. What's the output of zfs list -r FreeNAS-boot?

[CODE][/CODE] tags please!

Nevermind I got it. I changed it to lowercase and it worked. Is this info helpful?

Code:

[root@freenas ~]# zfs list -r freenas-boot																						 
NAME								USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT																 
freenas-boot					   27.4G  1.38G	31K  none																		
freenas-boot/ROOT				  27.4G  1.38G	25K  none																		
freenas-boot/ROOT/9.10.1-U4		27.4G  1.38G  27.4G  /																		   
freenas-boot/ROOT/Initial-Install	 1K  1.38G   621M  legacy																	 
freenas-boot/grub				  6.33M  1.38G  6.33M  legacy																	 
[root@freenas ~]#

drwoodcomb

Explorer
I have an IP camera set up with FTP to a share on my FreeNAS Server. This share has a quota limit of 24GB. It appears that either the IP camera was writing to both the boot drive and the FTP share or possibly it wrote to the boot drive after the 24GB quota was reached. I am not sure how to browse the content of the boot drive to confirm this but as soon as I turned of FTP the boot drive stopped being written to.

Status
Not open for further replies.