11.2-U6 break plugin when updating & snapshot is unable to fix it

Keven

Contributor
hi, i have a plex (pass) plugin and a transmission plugin which where working fine yesterday night. i tried to update it via the GUI / plugin / installed / 3 dot / update.

just after the update it broke plex, so i tried to rollback to with a previous snapshot, but it didn't work

snapshot tried:
Vol1/iocage/jails/plex/root@auto-20190917.1954-2w
Vol1/iocage/jails/plex@auto-20190917.1954-2w
Vol1/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root@plex

i have also tried to update plex via CLI after that,but without succer

iocage stop plex iocage update plex iocage start plex

nothing worked. now i'm out of idea. Somebody have a solution for me?

D

dlavigne

What exact command did you use to rollback the snapshot?

How is plex broken exactly? Won't start? Something else?

Keven

Contributor
@dlavigne i used GUI to rollback

FreeNAS Plugin tab state that plex is running and have an ipv4 address. However, when clicking 3 dot then "MANAGEMENT" i get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED " in chrome and firefox

Last edited:

berey

Cadet
Plex (w/ PlexPass) is behaving in the exact same way for me. I'm running on a relatively new FreeNAS install (installed about a month ago). I got the notification of a FreeNAS update today. So I applied it. I did nothing else. There is nothing fancy configured or going on in the system. Can't really stress that enough. Yet, the FreeNAS update to FreeNAS-11.2-U6 broke Plex (w/ Plexpass). Plex is unavailable to clients and attempts to reach it at :32400/web/ results in ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Attempt to update the plug-in and/or jail are unsuccessful. Attempting through the Plugins and Jails FreeNAS GUI. Error received during plug-in update attempt attached.

Annotation 2019-09-18 191344.jpg

. . . but again, it was the update process for FreeNAS itself that brought Plex to this state.

--B

D

dlavigne

. . . but again, it was the update process for FreeNAS itself that brought Plex to this state.

--B

Please create a report at bugs.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.

Keven

Contributor

berey

Cadet
Keven,
I suppose (though I do not remember it) that there is a *slight* chance that I tried to update my plex plug-in after my update to FreeNAS U6 before I ever tried to access Plex. So perhaps it was the attempt to update the plug-in that broke mine (though, again, I don't think so).

Did you also update to FreeNAS-11.2-U6 ? Does the update process to FreeNAS-11.2-U6 also initiate plug-in updates?

Keven

Contributor
Did you also update to FreeNAS-11.2-U6 ?

yes i am currently on 11.2-U6

Does the update process to FreeNAS-11.2-U6 also initiate plug-in updates?

no it does not update the plugin when you update your FreeNAS

my FreeNAS is older than yours and i have the plex plugin (which IS plexpass even if it doesn't tell in the name) since 11.2 BETA 1 and ever since i have not been able to update this plugin. from 11.2 BETA 1 to 11.2-U4 i think, when clicking on update it claim to update instantly, but was not doing it for 11.2-U5 i tried to update it via the CLI following those instruction https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/next-batch-of-updated-plugins/ it broke my plex once, but i was able to recover it with snapshot. with 11.2-U6 i tried it with the GUI and it broke again in the same way, but for some reason rolling back with snapshot did not work. Maybe an unrelated other bug around snapshot. but i can't be sure of that.

zamana

Contributor
Does anybody that runs the non-plugin Plex (pass) had the same issue?

Danny Boy

Cadet
Hello all, I'd like to add that this happened to me as well.
Last night I updated FreeNAS to the new version only that find that my plex plugin is no longer running. When I check my jails I get nothing.
If I try to access the installed plugins page I get the following error "[Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/mnt/WD_Red_3/iocage/defaults.json'", I've attached the full log.
And if I try to access the available plugins page I get a bunch of errors:
Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/WD_Red_3/iocage/.plugin_index stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/WD_Red_3/iocage/.plugin_index'... error: chmod on /mnt/WD_Red_3/iocage/.plugin_index/.git/config.lock failed: Operation not permitted fatal: could not set 'core.filemode' to 'false'
I've also attached that log.

Everything has been working fine until I did the latest update on FreeNas, I only did the update and still haven't tried anything, I decided to quickly browse the forums first and came across this post.

Attachments

• available plugins.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 486
  • installed plugins page.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 369

Danny Boy

Cadet
I've done a little bit of digging around and reading the logs properly and I figured my case had to do with some permissions, so I went and check my pool and in particular the iocage and checked it's settings. I noticed the share type was set to Windows, so I swapped it to Unix and now it's working again :D

@Keven, maybe check the same settings on your FreeNAS?

Kris Heslop

Dabbler
I am having similar issues. I went to access Plex through a browser after updating to 11.2 U6 and it was not accessible. I then went into FreeNAS and attempted to restart, then reboot and it did not work, so I went into to look up the directions to update the plugin with the old directions, it did not work. Then I tried to do the GUI and accidentally clicked on the update, and for the first time under version 11.2 it progressed and said it was working in a way that looked like it was real, saving snapshots, updating details that looked like it was really going to work...it said it was successful, but nothing worked.

I rebooted, restarted, checked my IO cage permissions (which were already set to UNIX) and nothing is working.

When I go to access the IP address it says the server is unreachable.

I looked at the ticket and see the newer ticket is the active ticket, but no answers yet.

So FreeNAS says PLEX is running, but the server is not accessible from my intranet (via hard wired connection to my router.)

Keven

Contributor
I've done a little bit of digging around and reading the logs properly and I figured my case had to do with some permissions, so I went and check my pool and in particular the iocage and checked it's settings. I noticed the share type was set to Windows, so I swapped it to Unix and now it's working again :D

@Keven, maybe check the same settings on your FreeNAS?
after checking permission i notice that my pool is in windows share, however my iocage dataset is in unix. also where my movie are stored, it's a windows's share dataset "bibliotheque"

Capture d'écran 2019-09-25 21.29.30.png

Kris Heslop

Dabbler
OK, tonight I tried to roll back to 11.2.U5 and the Plex plugin is still not available. It shows that it is running, and I can ping the IP and get a response, but it shows as "connection refused" when attempting to access.

Last edited:

TtaG

Cadet
I've got exactly the same issue. Shows Plex as running, but can't access it via the web.

Help!

Kris Heslop

Dabbler
I thought this was to be fixed by the update, however, for me, I updated today to 11.2.U7. Then tried to access PLEX-no luck, then stopped and restarted the jail and it still doesn't work since I am still getting connection refused or unable to connect.

Is it just me or does Sept 19th to Nov 19th with no solution mean that I missed something or is it taking a long time to get no fix?

Last edited:

Keven

Contributor
I thought this was to be fixed by the update, however, for me, I updated today. Tried to access, then stopped and restarted the jail and it still doesn't work.

Is it just me or does Sept 19th to Nov 19th with no solution mean that I missed something or is it taking a long time to get no fix?
It has been a year and a half for me that this update system has not worked for me. I have not yet updated yet, I'll do it on Dec 2nd when I get back home

Kris Heslop

Dabbler
Keven, Thanks for the response. To clarify, the point I was highlighting was that I am still not able to access the server on my network. It shows running, but "Unable to be Reached." and "connection Refused" after upgrading to 11.2.U7 (which I added to provide more clarity to my earlier post.

Last edited:

zamana

Contributor
Are you sure that the service is really running?

What's the ouput of the command:

Code:
netstat -an | grep 32400

insde the jail/plugin console?