11.2 U3 Updating Plex Plugin - jail destroyed

Aiddy

Cadet
Hi,
Whilst trying to update the Plex Plugin via the UI earlier I got an error message (which I stupidly didn't screenshot). The gist of the message was that there was some file missing or corrupt, and the jail got destroyed.
I'm running 11.2 U3 (stable) and the the jail was an iocage jail, and I can not longer see it in the UI either under storage, plugins or jails.
Is there anyway to recover the jail, or at the very least get hold of all the plex meta data? I'm not entirely hopeful, but the destruction of the jail does not appear to have freed up any disk space...
TIA
Adrian

Aiddy

Cadet
Oh, and I had a recent config back up which I took just prior to the U3 upgrade - I have tried re-uploading that but the jail is still awol.

nojohnny101

Wizard
It is quite difficult to troubleshoot errors when we don't know the specific error message. That is the equivalent to saying "My car is making a strange noise" and expecting someone to know what is wrong.

Please also follow forums rules and post details of your software and hardware. You can read the forum rules here:
https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/forum-guidelines.45124/

Also include how you made the jail, under which FreeNAS version you made the jail, etc.

And yes you can recover the Plex metadata quite easily. Have you tried searching for how to do that? My first google search turns up multiple existing threads detailing the location of the plex db metadata file.

Aiddy

Cadet
Hi Thank you for your reply, I've added my software & hardware spec to the signature.
Sorry, yes I fully understand the vagueness of my question...
The jail was created in 11.2 by selecting and installing Plex from the plugins menu.
I have checked my /mnt/DATA/iocage/jails but unfortunately the folder is empty

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, does updating to U3 resolve the issue? What is the full output of ifconfig ?