xmrig and Transmission plugin config issues after upgrade to 11.2-u2.1

fizzgig656

Contributor
inside our outside the jail i can not chmod 777.

info
I believe it could be due to the extended atributes? the + on the end of the permissions.

drwxrwxr-x+ 5 root Media 6 Mar 12 20:28 NewTBC

root@LTbowers:/mnt/Mdata # getfacl New_TBC
# file: New_TBC
# owner: root
# group: Media
owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----I:allow
group@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----I:allow
everyone@:r-x---a-R-c---:fd----I:allow
l

how can i remove it, or remove it and chmod 777 then put it back on? im guessing this is for the SMB sharing and allows windows permissions to be added.

fizzgig656

Contributor
bit more digging, it seems i cant chmod as additional attributes are set, defined by the + at the end (problably for SMB and windows permissions.

how do i remove this. or how can i remove ti while i chmod 777 then put it back?

more info

root@LTbowers:/mnt/Mdata # lsattr New_TBC
------------------ New_TBC/Game.Of.Thrones.Season.1-5.Complete.720p.x264-ILPruny
------------------ New_TBC/The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug (2013) [1080p]
------------------ New_TBC/Stargate SG1
------------------ New_TBC/The Hobbit The Battle Of The Five Armies 2014 1080p HDTS x264 Pimp4003.mp4

New_TBC is where finished downloads should be placed and then moved via windows PC to correct location. so windows will need permissions too!

Oriann

Explorer
After so testing it is permissions as in chmod 777 but i can't change it as i get error operation not permitted. so how can i fix this? tried chown but its already set to the same as per my test folder.
strange how it was workign fine on old transmission before upgrading so something has changed during the upgrade!

test folder
drwxrwxrwx 2 root Media 2 mar 12 23:42 NewTBC

true folder that i need to set

Is it the SMB service settings?

That + is causing interfere I think, try to not set up SMB for the folder you use for downloads. And try to test new folder without windows permissions just use unix 776.

Normal folder permissions should be like drwxr--r-- for example anytime I have set up windows permissions for some folder in transmission jail it gets + at the end and things go wrong then.

Maybe try to make new jail, it often helps to solve more issues at once.

fizzgig656

Contributor
That + is causing interfere I think, try to not set up SMB for the folder you use for downloads. And try to test new folder without windows permissions just use unix 776.

Normal folder permissions should be like drwxr--r-- for example anytime I have set up windows permissions for some folder in transmission jail it gets + at the end and things go wrong then.

Maybe try to make new jail, it often helps to solve more issues at once.
thanks,
sussed it, after doing some digging and loads of googling, and hitting brick walls trying to change the setting from putty etc, i found i needed to go via windows explorer, go to the mapped folder where transmission placed the completed files, Right click on the folder and changed permissions so that "everyone" has full control.

before
ls -all ,
drwxrwxr-x+ 5 root Media 7 Mar 13 12:00 New_TBC

after , changing permissions in windows
drwxrwxrwx+ 6 root Media 8 Mar 13 21:33 New_TBC

I know this may not be "technically" written right so hope someone may simplify it, BUT mostly hope this can help someone else out, and it was a quick 2 sec change. all seems fine after and both windows share and transmission working fine.