Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Cannot Install Any Plugins Permissions Error

I am very new to FreeNAS and I have no idea if this error is because I messed something up or something else. Trying to install any plugin results in this error " [EFAULT] Exception: CallError:[EFAULT] pkg error: - pkg-static: /var/db/pkg permissions (0775) too lax Please check your network occured ". I reset FreeNAS to factory defaults and upon rebooting I did nothing but add my previous pool but even then I still get the same error when trying to install plugins.

dlavigne

Storage Engineering
Were you able to resolve this? If not, which version of FreeNAS?

dlavigne

Storage Engineering
Was this a fresh install or an upgrade from the 11.1 series?

Did you change the permissions of /var/db/pkg ?

This issue has been resolved. I was trying to make my plugins and jails pool on the same hard drive I have my single pool and windows share connected to. I plugged in a second hard drive, set that as the jails pool and everything was fine. It was a fresh install of FreeNAS if you are still curious.

Hi I have a question. I have FreeNAS with pool from 2 drives. According to your experience I have connect another drive to run plugins? Thanks