X10SRL-F Server not responsive / working after move

rumour696

Cadet
I recently moved with a moving company and sadly they managed to drop my server as they were unloading the boxes. No structural damage and it did work flawlessly for 6 years before this move. Now, I am facing a very weird issue that I can't wrap my head around and before I buy new components I want to make sure I've tested everything I can.

Hardware:
  • X10SRL-F motherboard
  • IPMI version 3.93 (updated from 2.18 previously)
  • Redfish Version: 1.0.1
  • BIOS 1.0c
  • 4 ram sticks and a CPU, but I don't remember their names honestly
  • Supermicro 4U chassis
Steps I've taken:
  1. System has power, both PSUs light up green and power button turns on the system
  2. Fans spin at 100%
  3. BMC heartbeat blinks green
  4. All harddisks on the front and the back 2 operating systems harddisks light green, same issue even if I disconnect them
  5. LAN1 and LAN2 has no ip addresses, however shared IPMI works and I can connect to it
  6. KVM HTML5 doesn't show anything, blank
  7. Under system in the webui I also see a blank screen for the console preview
  8. Power control shows the "host is currently off" however when the system is actually off, the "power on" button turns it on only to give me an error that "performing power action failed. please check."
  9. I am unable to turn off the system unless I press and hold the power button physically
  10. POST snooping says code 'ff'
  11. All sensor reading in the IPMI webui show "N/A" status
  12. Current power consumption in the webui fluctuates between 0 - 8 W
  13. VGA monitor shows 'no signal', I've tried several different ones
  14. Can't do a BIOS update through the webui since I have no license
  15. UID light comes on chassis and motherboard if activated
  16. I can see PS1 on the IPMIview sensors and it shows 'on' but I don't see PS2? Should I? Main output power says 68W, module is PWS-920P-SQ
  17. FRU says 'on' in IPMIview but shows no readings on the webui except for the board S/N
  18. BBP is "NA" in IPMIview
  19. All other sensors such as Temps, Fans and Voltages show blank in IPMIview
  20. Under IPMIview Device it shows the power state as "off"
  21. I can set the Boot Control option under IPMIview but it's currently set to "--none--"
  22. When turned on, server starts, lights blink and fans spin up. Chassis shows me the LED for the IPMI LAN1 shared nic blinking green but that's it
  23. I took out 3 out of 4 rams and still the same issue
  24. I've unplugged the harddisks and one power supply still the same issue
  25. Visually inspected the inside of the chassis for anything touching that shouldn't or other flaws and nothing
  26. Everything plugged in as before the move
  27. I don't get any beeps or other warning signals so I'm unsure how to proceed
    1696719153726.png
The FreeNAS won't start and I get see what the system is having trouble with or get into BIOS.
Could it be something as stupid as the power cables? I've tried a few different ones, but the same issue persists. Could it be the motherboard? But then why is it lighting up and the power turns on the system?

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated, I've long lurked this community and appreciate your time for reading my post. Thank you.

rumour696

Cadet
1696720150245.png

My second PSU by itself doesn't show any sensor data in IPMIview, but it could also be because the 4 pin connectors aren't plugged into the motherboard. I don't have any port to plug them in, only one of the PSUs is plugged into the motherboard 4 pin connector, so I'm guessing that's why it can't read any data on it. It worked before the move, though. so I'm doubtful this is really an issue.

rumour696

Cadet
The other power supply that is connected to the motherboard outputs the following:
1696720844346.png

I am using 10A 125V power cables.