X10SL7-F and WDIdle3 Not detecting drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsrealm

Explorer
Hi,

I just bought the X10sl7-f and have 8 wd green drives connected. I have flashed the firmware to IT mode and created a msdos bootable usb drive with wdidle 3.

Problem is it doesn't find any drives. FreeNas can see them fine.

I have tried IDE mode with no success either.

Has anyone had any luck with this tool on this board?

Thanks,
Tony.

Linkman

Patron

antsrealm

Explorer
I have the X10SL7-F board, and successfully used WDIDLE3 to change the time out on three WD Green drives.

I used the version of WDIDLE3 from the UltimateBoot CD. Mounted the UltimateBoot CD .iso via the remote storage option of the IPMI console interface. See my post here for the versions: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/greetings-and-first-freenas-build.28357/#post-197661

Ok thatnks for the reply. I ended up putting them in another system this time. But I'll give that a go next time.

Thanks,

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Try using the Intel ports to run wdidle
This.

Wdidle probably contains a basic AHCI driver to bypass DOS' (essentially useless) INT 13h disk services, allowing it to actually talk to the drive. Obviously, this AHCI driver would never work with an SAS controller.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
I just did this a couple of months ago on my X10SL7-F. If memory serves, you need to configure the motherboard's Intel SATA ports in IDE mode to run WDIDLE3.

Linkman

Patron
I used the Intel ports as well, my case has a SATA "dock" on the top, and it's cable is plugged into the Intel SATA ports and I used that dock when running WDIDLE3 on my drives. I'm using the LSI ports for the drives now that they're installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.