Working FreeNas -> Error -> Reinstall fails

M86

Cadet
Hello,

i just got my first freenas system 3 days ago. While i was transferring my Data to it (10TB) it got a failure and i had to shutdown manually.
After the restart it wasnt able to boot anymore.
Then i decided to reinstall the whole system, since i found the info that i just can import the HDDs with data again.
On the first try it somehow worked, i got the WebUI up and running and was able to import my pools.
But right after that i got a error message with swap or cache and again it broke.
On first use it had 6 GB Ram, after the 2nd failure i decided to go with 8 GB.
And again try to reinstall FreeNas.
But i wasnt able to boot or even install it anymore..
If there was no error with swap (not found?) then there was a error telling me the checksum mismatches.
Yesterday i ordered 2 fresh 8 GBs or ram because i was thinking maybe one of the rams is defect.
But from the error messages i think it has something to do with how the flashdrive is formated or configured.

Attached some screenshots from the failure(s)..

The System was already working really fine... what can it be that it now wont start or install anymore?
Its a x64 AMD with at start 6 GB Ram, after the first upgrade it only showed 4 GB from 8 installed (and was still working really fine) and now it has 8 working(?) GB..

Tomorrow ill upgrade to new 16 GB ram.

Is there a way to manually create the drive and partitions required for installation?
What elve could it be?
I plugged out all HDDs, only using a 32GB flashdrive where i burned the install, and another one, same size and type, where i want to install it.

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 14.59.34 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 14.59.34 (1).jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 162
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 14.59.34 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 14.59.34 (2).jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 164
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 14.59.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 14.59.34.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 163

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hello,

i just got my first freenas system 3 days ago. While i was transferring my Data to it (10TB) it got a failure and i had to shutdown manually.
After the restart it wasnt able to boot anymore.
Then i decided to reinstall the whole system, since i found the info that i just can import the HDDs with data again.
On the first try it somehow worked, i got the WebUI up and running and was able to import my pools.
But right after that i got a error message with swap or cache and again it broke.
On first use it had 6 GB Ram, after the 2nd failure i decided to go with 8 GB.
And again try to reinstall FreeNas.
But i wasnt able to boot or even install it anymore..
If there was no error with swap (not found?) then there was a error telling me the checksum mismatches.
Yesterday i ordered 2 fresh 8 GBs or ram because i was thinking maybe one of the rams is defect.
But from the error messages i think it has something to do with how the flashdrive is formated or configured.

Attached some screenshots from the failure(s)..

The System was already working really fine... what can it be that it now wont start or install anymore?
Its a x64 AMD with at start 6 GB Ram, after the first upgrade it only showed 4 GB from 8 installed (and was still working really fine) and now it has 8 working(?) GB..

Tomorrow ill upgrade to new 16 GB ram.

Is there a way to manually create the drive and partitions required for installation?
What elve could it be?
I plugged out all HDDs, only using a 32GB flashdrive where i burned the install, and another one, same size and type, where i want to install it.

Thanks
Installing 16GB of RAM is a good idea.

You have a better chance of getting help if you post your full system specifications, per the forum rules:
What version of FreeNAS are you installing?
What type of flash drive are you using?

sretalla