Windows Explorer Locks Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrockpb

Cadet
Somewhat new to FreeNAS, and while everything else I'm doing in the server seems to be going fine, windows explorer will lock up whenever I try to modify anything in a CIF shared drive. I can't do things such as rename or delete folders, but I can watch a video off the drive. I've been looking around and can't seem to find anything about this specific problem.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
That does sound unusual. What version of FreeNAS, what is your hardware specs (mobo, RAM, CPU)...

Windows does things like this when it is waiting for a mounted drive to do something that it doesn't expect to take long, but, for some reason, does.

jdrockpb

Cadet
I'm running FreeNAS-9.2.1.6 with an ASRock C2550D4I mobo with integrated quad core Atom cpu, and 8GB Crucial unbuffered ECC memory.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I'm running FreeNAS-9.2.1.6 with an ASRock C2550D4I mobo with integrated quad core Atom cpu, and 8GB Crucial unbuffered ECC memory.
This is a good build that a lot of FreeNAS users have had excellent success with. I would suspect a non-FreeNAS-related issue with Networking or CIFS setup.

Last edited:

jdrockpb

Cadet
Thanks, I'll keep digging. Also, I broke out my Linux laptop and when I try it on there I get "Function not implemented."

Status
Not open for further replies.