FreeNAS MAC/PC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock.theory

Cadet
Hello,

I've been searching everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. I'm not sure if anyone else has ever had this issue, but it's extremely frustrating...

I set up a fresh install of FreeNAS, add an FTP user, assign proper permissions, start FTP service, etc. On Windows, everything works as it should. Logging in with Windows Explorer works fine. I can add/remove/upload/download/etc. FileZilla allows drag-and-drop to my local machine. On MAC, when logging in with FileZilla I can create, delete, 'view/edit', but not *download* files. I can't drag files or folders to any local directory. ('Failed to open "path/file" for writing" "File transfer failed" - Is this an issue with FreeNAS, FileZilla, Apple? I've never seen this issue in FZ before with any other FTP, and it doesn't happen on Windows. I'm wondering if there is some sort of permissions issue?

rock.theory

Cadet
I'm pretty sure this is solved. I am not familiar with OSX and hadn't realized how differently FileZilla works on OSX. I believe the issue was that I was trying to "download" the file without actually specifying the desktop folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.