Windows 2008 Failover Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmanti

Cadet
I'm trying to setup a Windows 2008 Failover Cluster, using FreeNAS to provide the "shared" storage via iSCSI connections.

I am running into an issue where both Windows 2008 nodes can see the iSCSI disks, but keep disconnecting / reconnecting and in the server event logs it says a connection has been lost, then restored, or login took too long. If I shutdown one of the nodes, then the iSCSI storage is fine and I don't get any of those errors.

What have I done wrong here?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
It's possible (read: likely/probable) that you are running into the same sort of performance issues I've been reporting for a while now. See bug #1531. Read all forum posts referencing 1531. Symptoms and solutions have been discussed on the forums here several times. I don't know anything about the Windows side of things, other than to note that there have been some comments to the effect that FreeNAS (actually istgt) doesn't implement reservations correctly, and some of the Windows stuff is apparently dependent on it, so you might also want to look at that.

bmanti

Cadet
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at that, although I didn't notice anything unusual in cpu or memory usage on the virtual machine thats running FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.