SQL 2008 Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack05

Cadet
Greetings

I am new to FreeNAS and am trying to setup a Windows 2008 Cluster with SQL 2008. So far the FreeNAS and Cluster were a breeze. I used iscsi and setup 4 extents for my cluster. The cluster was easy to setup. I have my Quroum and DTC up and running. They both fail back and forth to the two nodes without issue.

On FreeNAS I have the followling

Volume is three drives setup in a ZFS volume.
NSF Share made to the volume and authorized to my network
Portal and initiator created
4 targets made
4 extents made each in their own subfolder
1GB = for Quorum
1GB = for DTC
50GB = for one SQL instance
50GB = for second SQL instance
4 correcsponding Associated Targets
iscsi and nfs service running

The problem I have found is with the SQL cluster setup. I had some issues with making a SQL instance on a NAS drive the first build but I was able to run SQL install. I decided to start over since i am still learning. Now when I run the SQL failover install I fail the Setup Support Rules with an error "Rule Cluster shared disk available check failed. The cluster on this comupter does not have a shared disk available." I dont understand how this is failing. I have two drives(besides the quorum and DTC drives) available on the cluster that also failover to both nodes without issue.

Am I missing something on my FreeNAS setup that the SQL install does not think the two available drives are not shared?

Status
Not open for further replies.