Why can't I enable Transmission on FreeNAS 9.2? I keep getting an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakesh

Dabbler

I have installed the plugin correctly, but everytime I try and start it either using service transmission start, or trying to flip the on switch from the plugins page, I get this error. I also have tried creating a new standard jail and using portsnap to get transmission, but same error.

Attachments

• transmisson.PNG
    transmisson.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 206

Knowltey

Patron
Have you configured the settings for it in the GUI before attempting to enable the plugin itself?

rm-r

Contributor
also its a custom plugin.... did you use the pbi from the list? what version of freenas you on?

rm-r

Contributor
on the left in the gui there is a "plugins" drop down - double click on the transmission icon there to edit the settings

delete the custom plugin - use the list one - it will show you updates that way too - much cleaner

can you see the console of the freenas - any errors there when you try and start it?

rakesh

Dabbler
on the left in the gui there is a "plugins" drop down - double click on the transmission icon there to edit the settings

delete the custom plugin - use the list one - it will show you updates that way too - much cleaner

can you see the console of the freenas - any errors there when you try and start it?

Yes, it says "Some Error Occurred" and does not turn on

rm-r

Contributor
thats in the gui - do you have a screen connected directly to the freenas?

fpaep80

Cadet
I have the exact same issue, and can't figure it out. get an error that says "an error occured".

Status
Not open for further replies.