Where is my data after importing volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonvanunen

Dabbler
Hi there!

This weekend I wanted to upgrade my NAS from version 9.2 tot 9.3.1. I was a bit afraid that I would lose my data on my drives but the user manual said I could just walk through the wizard without the loss of my data.

After the wizard did all kinds of things, there existed a ZFS-pool that was as big as the free space on the disk in stead of the whole disk including the data. My heart missed a few beats. After I rebooted my NAS with the version 9.2., I saw nothing was wrong with the data.

The strange thing is that in 9.3.1. the "view disks"-option shows the right disks with the right size (3TB). Using "view volumes" shows only 1.3TB without data.

The question is: Why can't I see my data in 9.3.1?

Sorry if my English isn't to good. I'm from the Netherlands.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
What wizard did you use? When upgrading, you shouldn't have to do anything....

tonvanunen

Dabbler
I used the fresh install on a new usb-stick and when you boot from the new stick a wizard comes up.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I used the fresh install on a new usb-stick and when you boot from the new stick a wizard comes up.
You should have not used the wizard. It is intended (AFAIK), for use with a fresh, clean system. All you had to do was:
A. Restore your config from the old install
or
B. set up a clean config, just importing your pool (unless the wizard detected you had a pool prior and imported it for you)

tonvanunen

Dabbler
Actually I went for option B. And that brings me at the beginning of this thread: when I import my pool it only sees the free space en not the data. Any ideas?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Does the wizard offer to import zfs pools? I was not aware that it did this

Status
Not open for further replies.