What parts should i use/buy for storage and modded Minecraft mineos

RyJaMu

Cadet
I got bored the other day and grabbed one off my old computers and installed truenas on it. I have never done anything with servers before so this is all new to me so not 100%. What I have done so far is install the os on a 120gb HDD and set up a jail for SMB on a 500gb for storage and mineos for a server ( I can install the normal versions for Minecraft but can't figure out how to install a forge jar for modded which is what I want and don't know how to access the actual files so I can add mods and edit stuff)

My current install is:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640
Motherboard: ASUS f1a75-m
Ram: vengeance 2x4gb 1600MHz DDR3
GPU: GTX 950 (I know I didn't need a GPU in it but its only there because I don't have any serial or DVI cables)
Storage: I currently have the os installed on 2.5 inch 120gb HDD And a 500gb HDD installed in there for storage, I also have loads off 500GB hhds hanging around what I will use eventually

What I have spare is:
CPU: Intel i5 6400
Motherboard:ASUS H170 pro gaming DDR4
Ram: Ballistix 2x4gb 1600MHx DDR3
I would install the ram but the board only has 2 slots
I don't have any spare DDR4 ram
WWE Y26

What I want from this server really is some storage for games, media and photos what I would like to be able to access anywhere but not really fussed about it. Mainly I wan qqqwqt it for Minecraft servers for me and my brother in law and some friends. I think what I will need is more ram really for the Minecraft server as we play rlcraft and it requires a lot of ram, but I haven't been able to install forge or mods yet so can't test it annoyingly. I would like to try a terraria server but not sure how to do that really

In my head my options are, buy a motherboard that can fit all 4 ddr3 ram I have or take the 2x8gb 2133MHz DDR4 from my gaming pc and use the intel CPU and board and buy faster ram for my gaming pc. I think I need more ram mainly for big modded Minecraft (At the minute rlcraft)

I hope I have put everything I need to put