Minecraft Docker Container for Modded Servers

jare319

Cadet
*Disclaimer: I have no experience with Docker bar what I’ve tried to do this week, so excuse any incorrect terminology.

I’m trying to set up a modded forge server via the truecharts catalog minecraft-java app. I’ve gotten a basic vanilla, and forge server running no problem with the app, but I’m having trouble installing mods in a straightforward way.

Ideally, I would like to just drag-and-drop the .jar files for mods with ftp or some sort of file transfer process, but I have no idea where the files related to the server are, or if they are even accessible by the method i’m trying to use.

Using the shell for the app I know that the files exist somewhere (can see the world data, mods folder, server .jar, etc.) but I’m not able to view the entire file path as it won’t let me backtrack out of the container. My workaround has been cloning a git repo that contains the .jar files of the mods I want, but I have to imagine there is a more straight forward method of getting files into the container.

shadofall

Contributor
There is a community guide on the truecharts website that covers adding mods (forge/fabric)or plugins (paper/spigot etc)

shadofall

Contributor
modpacks vs individual mods/plugins get a little tricky either using use curseforge type or forge/fabric with GENERIC_PACK and aren't covered by that guide. but but same basic principle, /modpacks and point the appropriate values, course on the curseforge type you might run in to issues with the start script and they often include their own server.properties which get copied over, which wont match what's in the install gui. . when in doubt you can reference the upstream image source