VNET failure while installing a plugin.

nasnooby

Cadet
I'm new to FreeNAS and I am experiencing some problems since I always used NAS4Free for my servers.

When installing any plugin with dhcp enabled (plugin setup/install page) I get the error:
Code:
[EFAULT] Exception: RuntimeError: Stopped couchpotato due to VNET failure occured, destroyed couchpotato. 	 	

So after disabling dhcp I noticed my jail couldn't connect to the internet, I enable VNET and entered the default IPv4 route --> Plugin GUI page can't load
Then i enabled DHCP Autoconfigure IPv4 --> Stopped couchpotato due to VNET failure

(I get this error with all plugins when enabling dhcp / DHCP Autoconfigure IPv4)

1.PNG
2.PNG

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 122, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 82, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 541, in start
	iocage.start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1628, in start
	callback=self.callback
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
	self.__start_jail__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 503, in __start_jail__
	_callback=self.callback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
	_callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
	raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError:
Stopped couchpotato due to VNET failure
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
	result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1043, in call_method
	return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 980, in _call
	return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1007, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 938, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 923, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError:
Stopped couchpotato due to VNET failure

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,348
D

dlavigne

Is this on RC1? If so, please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

nasnooby

Cadet
After server reboot and changing the time zone to the right one, everything works fine.
But when disabling dchp and configuring a static ip then the Plugin GUI page can't load.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Mod note: Please do not use external image hosts. Instead, copy and paste your images directly into your message.

theaddies

Contributor
I was having this same issue. When I was mapping the storage I found that I needed to create the jail storage path via an SSH connection to the jail. Then when I went into FreeNAS to mount the correct folder the jail folder was already present. Typing in the jail folder when it didn’t already exist caused the issue for me. Definitely a FreeNAS problem. These issues I was having with Sonarr. Many folks have this issue with Plex. Above it was with Couchpotato. I suspect it all for the same reason. FreeNAS fails to create the folder properly from within the mount storage menu of the jail.

D

dlavigne

@theaddies is this on 11.2-U3? If so, please create a report at bugs.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.

theaddies

Contributor
I just wanted to add to this that I had the exact same issue happen to me again last night. I was configuring Syncthing plugin. I created a folder under /mnt for mapping jail storage in the GUI. That folder did not already exist on the jail. When I hit OK the GUI returned a blank folder link, which made it look like the entry was ignored. When I go back to start the plugin I immediately got the VNET error. The only way I can recall to get around this is to delete the jail. Then, after recreating it enter the jail via SSH and manually create the folder. Then, in the GUI when you map storage the folder will be there. This has worked flawlessly. I have no idea how I figured this out since VNET is completely unrelated to a folder creation in my book. I am mostly a NOOB and certainly no IT guy.

I reported the bug
Code:
https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-101451

They closed the ticket as a repeat of an existing bug. I said I don't agree. They asked me to create a debug of the issue which I don't know how to do. They then went ahead and closed the ticket again. When the issue happened last night I simply walked away from the computer so everything is unmodified. If someone tells me how to generate a Debug report and upload it using the document vault I will do it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

theaddies

Contributor
OK, but you must understand that I didn't know there was such a feature within the operating system. Then you would say, well you should have looked. Fair enough, but to me it was far more likely that I would have to execute some kind of command like
Code:
pw config dumpdat | nano config.secret/hidden/datadump.cfg | sudo dumpdat /etc/nowhere/.hidden/.hidden/datadump.txt | cp /etc/nowhere/.hidden/.hidden/datadump.txt /myserver.home/mnt/files

I apologize for being glib as it doesn't seem the custom around here to have a sense of humor, but I hope I made my perspective at least a little more clear. This is not easy and for someone who has no formal training I bumble on as best I can.

I will see if I can generate the error with debug on tonight. :) Thanks.