FreeNAS Plex Jail DHCP not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElliotLepley

Cadet
Hey guys, got this problem when trying to start the FreeNAS Plex Jail on FreeNAS 11.2-RC1

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 122, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 82, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 541, in start
	iocage.start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1628, in start
	callback=self.callback
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
	self.__start_jail__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 471, in __start_jail__
	_callback=self.callback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
	_callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
	raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError:   + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8

Stopped plex due to DHCP failure
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
	result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1043, in call_method
	return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 980, in _call
	return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1007, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 938, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 923, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError:   + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8

Stopped plex due to DHCP failure

Any ideas as to why this occurring?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
well, that is a very ungraceful error. We shouldn't be doing that.

But, solving the question at hand, it would appear to be DHCP related ;) Could you tell us please what version of FreeNAS this is, and what level of expertise you have with networking stuff? That should get us started in helping you appropriately.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

ElliotLepley

Cadet
well, that is a very ungraceful error. We shouldn't be doing that.

But, solving the question at hand, it would appear to be DHCP related ;) Could you tell us please what version of FreeNAS this is, and what level of expertise you have with networking stuff? That should get us started in helping you appropriately.

Hey DrKK!

Thanks for getting back to me, I'd like to say I have a pretty decent knowledge of networking, been doing it for a few years now as DevOps :)

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Alright then :)

The FreeNAS plex jail in question: is it inherited from an older version of FreeNAS, or was this created in 11.2-RC1?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Alright. That failure is really ungraceful. We'll need to bug report this somewhere. But in the meantime, let's see if the culprit is DHCP. Can you go into those jail settings, turn the DHCP off, and just try a static IP assignment, see if the jail starts?

ElliotLepley

Cadet
all right. That failure is really ungraceful. We'll need to bug report this somewhere. But in the meantime, let's see if the culprit is DHCP. Can you go into those jail settings, turn the DHCP off, and just try a static IP assignment, see if the jail starts?

Hey DrKK,

Setting a static IP works fine, it might not be a bad shout to keep Plex separate to the rest of my FreeNAS setup so I can do a bit of firewalling at the router level, however while the plugin is up, hitting static_ip:32400 doesn't seem to be responding, what's the best way to check whether the plex status is running in the jail, and on what port it's listening?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The best way to check for listening ports, is to drop to the shell IN THE JAIL, or to jexec into the jail from the main shell, and then issue:
Code:
sockstat -4

You should see a bunch of sockets associated to Plex show up prominently if it's running.

ElliotLepley

Cadet
Interesting, there are no sockets associated to plex. I'll reinstall the plugin and see if that helps.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Interesting, there are no sockets associated to plex. I'll reinstall the plugin and see if that helps.
well before you do that, you should try to turn the service on...not sure how the plugin works (I directly install it myself in a jail without a plugin), but probably
Code:
service plexmediaserver start
at the jail shell prompt should either start it, or tell you why it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.