FreeNAS 11.2-RC1 IO-Cage Plex mount issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
Hi guys

Moved over to 11.2-RC1 today and decided to rebuild my Plex server using the new IOCage jails instead of the old byhve system. Having issues with the PMS jail being able to mount my media storage area, when it adds it to the mounts I can see the folders for my music and movies etc, bit then i cant see anything inside them, I have 3 empty folders essentially, the confusion I have is my entire media area has 777 Permissions set recursively throughout. Then other times i try and add the mount and start the Jail I get this

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: 
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 122, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 82, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 541, in start
	iocage.start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1628, in start
	callback=self.callback
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
	self.__start_jail__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 413, in __start_jail__
	silent=self.silent)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
	_callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
	raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: mount: /mnt/AlphaVolume/AlphaMedia: Operation not supported by device
jail: /sbin/mount -t None -o rw /mnt/AlphaVolume/AlphaMedia /mnt/AlphaVolume/iocage/jails/plex/root/media: failed

"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
	result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1043, in call_method
	return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 980, in _call
	return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1007, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 938, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 923, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError: mount: /mnt/AlphaVolume/AlphaMedia: Operation not supported by device
jail: /sbin/mount -t None -o rw /mnt/AlphaVolume/AlphaMedia /mnt/AlphaVolume/iocage/jails/plex/root/media: failed

Not sure where to go from here

Thanks guys

D

dlavigne

You shouldn't be getting a traceback. Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
You shouldn't be getting a traceback. Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Bug #52206
Ive just copied this post into the bug, working on getting a debug file from the server and uploading it right now

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
Ok so I made the container again and managed to get it to mount but it still cant see within the sub folders for some reason even when they all have 777 permission

Status
Not open for further replies.