VM NIC Settings missing/errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumnas

Dabbler
Hello,

I've wanted to give the VM a try and am stuck on the very basic thing: in the user-manual "VMs" (https://doc.freenas.org/11/vms.html) I see a "MAC address" option in the NIC settings. But there is no such thing in the classic UI. There is only: VM, Type, Adapter Type. Nothing more.

In the new beta UI, there actually is such "MAC-Address" setting on the NIC device. But trying to apply it I get "
Fatal error! Check logs." I see no messages in the kernel-log; I guess there is somewhere a log for this. But I can't believe that even setting the MAC/IP is not possible in the new VM functionality.

My questions:
1. Is it just an outdated docs issue I can't see the UI setting as in the user-manual?
2. Where is the new UI log to look for errors?

Build FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)

PS: I didn't want to rely on the new beta UI as even my second pool is not listed there.

Thank you,
Andrej

D

dlavigne

Make sure to read the Guide for your version (there is a Guide button in the UI). The online one you're referring to is for the upcoming 11.1, for those wanting to test those features.

brumnas

Dabbler
Make sure to read the Guide for your version (there is a Guide button in the UI). The online one you're referring to is for the upcoming 11.1, for those wanting to test those features.
Ah, I see that, thank you ;-)!

Status
Not open for further replies.