User/pass not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpy

Explorer
I have no idea what happened, but apparently somehow I can no longer log into the WebUI with my username and password. I know I didn't change it, so someone, somehow may have. (I have it set to automatically log me in with LastPass on my laptop) I did try to update awhile ago but it kept coming up with an error. But I think I've logged in since then. I haven't noticed any sort of spike in internet up/down so it doesn't seem as though something malicious has gone on. I'm completely lost as to what happened.

Is there any way to get around this? To reset the username and password settings?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Have you read the users guide or ever used the console screen? You have 81 messages here so I'm surprised you haven't look at the manual.

jumpy

Explorer
ok I stopped being lazy and googled it. Apparently its option 7. When I get a chance I'm going to try it out and reset

edit:

For some reason the server isn't accepting my keyboard. I unplugged it and plugged it into my laptop to make sure it wasn't broken. Don't know wtf is going on with this thing now.

in any case... I'm getting a constant error loading saying "plex_1 cron[8359]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is world writable"

i wonder if this is a vulnerability that might have been taken advantage of? Plex has a huge vulnerability that was patched in the latest update but not on freenas

i tried to SSH to it, but of course, the password didn't work.

editedit: fixed. keyboard only works in mouse port. but now i need to go look into this plex issue

cyberjock

Inactive Account
AFAIK there are NO unpatched vulnerabilities in the Plex PBI... What vulnerability are you referring to?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The plex PBI is very out of date? Are you on the same planet as the rest of us? It was just updated last week or the week before!

Edit: and from your link to the vulnerability...

The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 0.9.9.3.

Solution:
Update to version 0.9.9.3 or later.

plexmediaserver current PBI version.. 0.9.9.7.429.

So yes, it was fixed...

jumpy

Explorer
well when I last went to update the PBI last (over a month ago) it wasn't a stable release that refused to update for many, and from what I understand, didn't actually include the new patch. But if what you say is true, I'm going to go update as soon as I'm done syncing.

Status
Not open for further replies.