Username issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwjensen

Cadet
I just installed FreeNAS for the first time yesterday in Virtualbox. I went to the web interface and configured the account according to instructions from the storage management class I am enrolled in. Everything worked well

When I went to log in today I keep getting the wrong username or password message. I have reset the root root password but still can't log in so I am assuming I misskeyed my username.

Is there anyway to log in or recover this?

Thanks in advance

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You can't log into the web interface with your user account. You need to use root for that

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Indeed. As pirateghost says, you can only log into the GUI with the "root" account and password.

If you are having problems with the root password, then, go to the console itself, and one of the choices there is "reset root password".

freebsdsa

Dabbler
Is there just no option for having other users with webadmin privileges? We are in the process of setting up FreeNAS to be used as storage for timemachine backups of out MAC users here in the office. It would be nice to allow the SysAdmin team to have access and be accountable for changes they make in the GUI instead of giving everyone the root password. Also along those lines, it would be nice if I could use LDAP users instead of local users.

Thanks,

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Only root can use the GUI and you con use LDAP or ad for your user authorization over access protocols.

freebsdsa

Dabbler
Ok thanks SweetAndLow. I know I can trust the team, but it would have been nice. Maybe time for a feature request.

Status
Not open for further replies.