USB Passthrough from MacOS to Win10 VM RDP

QuaneDK

Cadet
Hi all,

Quite new to TrueNAS and VM and I don't really now where to look. I think my question relates more to RDP / VM in general than TrueNAS but was hoping someone in here could point me in the right direction.

I have a server with TrueNAS scale running af VM with Windows 10. The Windows 10 is set up to allow Remote Desktop.

Then I have a Mac running MacOS installed with Remote Desktop app to login to the Windows VM - everything is almost perfect.

Now when I attach a USB drive on the Mac I would like it to show up in the VM / RDP machine automaticly. I can figure out to turn off the Remote Desktop Client, and set up the folder to "foward" in the settings of the client app and then start it all again.
Is there any way the automate this so it pops up in the VM / RD machine without disconnecting the Remote Desktop client ?

I don't need to passtrough USB from the TrueNAS Server -> VM. I need to auto passtrough USB from Remote Desktop Client -> Remote Desktop Server.
I did find quite expensive "USB to network" / bridges software on the big ol' Google. But it seems like something that would be easier to manage ?

Thanks and Best Regards
Kristian

sybreeder

Explorer
for mac from what i see is
and
lite version is free

another option is bootcamp and you can just boot windows - built in RDP has support for USB redirection