No HDMI out on Windows 10 VM? GPU Passthrough issue?

Sufarry

Dabbler
Hello! What I am trying to do is use my NAS server ( old gaming pc ) in my living room to run a Windows 10 VM to my TV for playing emulators that won't run on linux well ( Xenia, RSPCS3, etc ). I have a Linux Mint VM as well. The Linux Mint VM will NOT be running at the same time as the Windows VM. The linux VM is my primary VM OS for general PC use, including emulators. When setting up my Linux VM, I found that for me to pass the GPU ( AMD R9 290x ) through to my TV, I had to remove the virtual display device and manually passthrough the HDMI and Audio PCIe. This was easy enough and allows the HDMI out on the R9 to come through to my TV, which is exactly what I wanted.

Well, I installed Windows 10 on a VM, set it up through the virtual display, and tried to do the same thing as the Linux setup by removing the virtual display and passing through the PCIe. Unfortunately it wasn't as easy apparently. I am not receiving any HDMI out to the TV. The GPU is not being used by any other VM's, and is not the NAS HOST primary GPU either.

I was able to use the virtual display to remote into the VM and install the proper AMD drivers. The R9 now shows up under the display devices in Device Manager.

Hardware:
MSI Gaming 5 Z97
Intel i5 4690k
24GB RAM
AMD R9 290x

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you.