USB Drive/Device Passthrough

zubo100

Dabbler
Hi everyone!

I am trying to pass several USB devices to a VM and have a few questions / problems. I have currently 2 USB devices connected externaly, and 1 integrated on the MB:
external: APC, external USB HDD
internal: Intel Wireless
1694613089590.png

I would like to use the integrated Intel Wireles AC-3168 with BT and the external USB HDD(Sata Bridge Controller) with my Windows 10 VM. What is the required controller type for theese devices?

I managed to get the external USB HDD recognized using qemu-xhci controller type
1694613487100.png

but it does not seem to be recognized completely and correctly in the Windows VM, since it adds a device Intel 82371SB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller, that seems to be missing a driver, even though all the virtio drivers are installed.
1694613591680.png

The external USB driveitself is recognized, it can be formated and reading/writing to the HDD works. The problem are the speeds itself. I have the following drive: Seagate ST2000LM007 2TB SATA Hard Drive, but the transfer speed while copying on the HDD are at 30 MB/s max.

Can anyone plase help or assist? Any help or info is very much appreciated.

In general, in the future, I would like to have it working the following way:
1. Any USB device connected to the backpanel should be used directly for the TrueNAS server.
2. Any USB device (including thumbsticks, external USB HDD) connected to the frontpanel should be passedthrough to the Windows 10 VM.
3. The integrated Intel Wireles AC-3168 with BT should be passedthrough to the Windows 10 VM.

Note: The frontpanel USB IO is conencted directly to the USB3 header on the MB.

Again, any help or advice is very much appreciated.
Thanks!