Upgrade process panic + zpool in read only

Plotkin

Cadet
Hi People,

I've been using freenas for a while now and it is a great addition for a technoholoic such as muself - so first off thanks for an invaluable product.

Using nightlies on my environment and so far it has been kind to me, except for the last time. (isn't it always)

Upgrading from 11.2 -> 11.3 caused my system to hang in middleware loading and then panic, tried to go back using previous boot env' from loader to no avail.

I've fresh installed 11.2 stable and tried to import my 8T Zpool (pictures, backups, life)

Got this:

1547715186577.png

I'm guessing this happened during one of the pool upgrades.
Able to mount in readonly mode but don't have the storage to move all the data and back again.

Was wondering - Can I add spacemap_v2 to version 11.2 stable?

1547715321784.png

It seems the pool is ok (fheww):

1547715362504.png

I don't post here regularly so if I need to upload anything for more info please tell me what, I'll do it lickedy split.

Thanks for anyone who reads this.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Sorry you had trouble. Please submit a bug report.
I have seen this before. The revision of the ZFS used in the nightly is newer than the stable. You will need to use the nightly.

Plotkin

Cadet
Hey Chris,

I'll do that - even have the install imaged for upload should it be required. (where do I submit the bug? :D )

You say if I use a new latest nightly - I may be able to use the pool again with no issues?

Plotkin

Cadet
Ok, sorry for the mess.

I've run

zpool export Raidz

And then proceeded to import from UI which worked!

More over, I think I know what was the problem - I had some plugins in iocage which worked with 11.2, and i think along the way moving to 11.3 didn't bode well for them coexistence wise.

Thanks again for all the help.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
you need to export it via the cli and import it using the gui.