Upgrade from 9.2.1.9 to 9.3 1x4GBUSB to 2x8GBUSB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

travanx

Explorer
Had some issues but got it running.

First I could not get the install to check both USB drives, so I ended up selecting the one without the image on it.

Next I thought I just upload config and that's it. Bzzzzt. Wrong. What I did do was import volume and then upload config and just like that it rebooted and worked. Everything took a long time and I am not used to seeing a screen just sit there so long doing nothing. The whole process took about an hour.

Last I took the now unplugged USB drive with image and plugged it in. Went to System->Boot->Status, attached and now have a mirrored drive. This took about 5 minutes.

Easy enough to figure out and more of a mishmash of the docs.

9C1 Newbee

Patron
If I understand correctly, you made a mirrored usb boot drive after the installation?

travanx

Explorer
If I understand correctly, you made a mirrored usb boot drive after the installation?

Correct since I couldn't get the 2 drives to work together from the install. The mirror USB drives were the last thing I did before putting the computer back in its shelf.

9C1 Newbee

Patron
That is good news. I want to run mirrored drives but I didn't have two identical drives on hand. Good to know I still have the option even though I have upgraded.

travanx

Explorer
Just buy the new drive, plug in, and click attach in the GUI. Its thats easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.