Upgrade from 9.1.1 to 9.2.0 fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangaskahn

Cadet
I'm having difficulty upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.2.0. The upgrade fails using both the ISO upgrade and the GUI upgrade methods. The GUI method fails with the error message "Error: The update failed: Command '['bin/instal_worker.sh' , 'install']' returned non-zero exit status 1." The ISO method also fails to perform a clean install with an error after rsync copied 17MB. Is a 2 GB Flash drive no longer enough or is there something else I should check?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You should be using a 4GB+ stick as some 2GB sticks aren't a full 2GB.

Mangaskahn

Cadet
I tested with a 4GB stick, and got the same error messages on both GUI and ISO upgrade methods as well as a clean install. The ISO hash matches, and the burned disc verifies correctly against the ISO data. The ISO install was attempted from 2 different DVD Drives. I zeroed the 4GB stick and a clean install is still failing. RAM tests good and the system runs great under 9.1.1. I'm running out of ideas (and swappable hardware ;)).

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What's your hardware specs. My guess is 9.2.0 doesn't support your hardware...

Mangaskahn

Cadet
My hardware's decent, AMD PhenomII 940, 4 GB RAM, Promise drive controllers, shouldn't really be a problem. I was able to run a clean install on another machine to my 2GB flash drive and then boot my FreeNAS box from that. Not sure why the image extraction kept failing at 17MB on the Freenas machine, but it's working now. Thanks for the help!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you plan to use ZFS, your hardware is not "decent".

You aren't using ECC RAM.

You aren't using 8GB of RAM minimum.

Both are explained in the hardware requirements section of the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.