Upgrade from 8.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnas

Dabbler
Hi,

Trying to understand some things! Running FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x86 (10351) and wan't to upgrade to 8.2.0-RELEASE-p1. How do I do that? Have read the release notes but I'm not sure. :eek:

Another things I would like to have some help with:

From time to time I get this error: msk0: watchdog timeout. What I understand I can edit loader.conf and add some lines. How do I do that?

Can I change that some boot orders?

/Rob

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Save your config just to be safe, download 8.2.0 GUI Upgrade .xz and use Firmware Upgrade under Settings.

robnas

Dabbler
Ok William! Thanks, it worked as a dream! Could you help me with my other questions?

soundiego

Cadet
Save your config just to be safe, download 8.2.0 GUI Upgrade .xz and use Firmware Upgrade under Settings.

It doesn't work for me. I am trying to upgrade from FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p2-x64 (11367) with FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64.img.xz through GUI firmware update on an Intel i5.

It stops at Screen Shot 2012-10-02 at 23.57.32.jpg and will never reboot. On manual reboot, old 8.0.4 is still there. Does anyone knows what to do? I don't have a CD drive in that hardware but I do have some USB sticks to use if needed.
Thanks

Stephens

Patron
My advice is make sure you're using 4GB+ USB sticks, but also stop trying to upgrade. Just grab the ISO, burn it to CD, boot the CD (it doesn't have to be on the same machine), and install to flash drive. Then boot the flash drive and import your config. Nice thing is if you want to go back to 8.0.4, you can just boot your old stick. I didn't include all the steps so make sure to read the docs about how to upgrade that way (back up config, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.