From 8.0.4 to 9.2 but without succcess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msantoni

Dabbler
Hi to all,
I have this system:
FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x86 (10351)
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+
Memoria 691MB
Ora di Sistema Fri Jan 3 09:31:26 2014
Versione SO FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p6

This is an old machine with 4 hdd and low RAM, it's working very well, but now is necessary a software upgrade, if possible.
I've tried a lot to upgrade from 8.0.4 to 9.2 version using the instructions:
Settings --> Advanced --> Upgrade Firmware
I used the correct path of FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x86.GUI_Upgrade.txz file and paste the MD5 code. All ok...
The upgrade start correctly and reboot freenas.... but surprise! The upgrade fail without any log message... The final version is the same of initial...:confused:
Any suggestion is very appreciated... :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You should examine the system requirements for FreeNAS. You need 2GB of RAM minimum for UFS and 8GB of RAM for ZFS. You are so low on RAM you cannot expect the upgrade to complete successfully. In fact, if you were to install 9.2.0 on another USB stick it will likely be so unstable you won't even be able to upload your config file.

Consider meeting the system requirements before upgrading FreeNAS. Even 8.0.4 said 2GB for UFS and 6GB for ZFS if I remember correctly.

msantoni

Dabbler
You should examine the system requirements for FreeNAS. You need 2GB of RAM minimum for UFS and 8GB of RAM for ZFS. You are so low on RAM you cannot expect the upgrade to complete successfully. In fact, if you were to install 9.2.0 on another USB stick it will likely be so unstable you won't even be able to upload your config file.

Consider meeting the system requirements before upgrading FreeNAS. Even 8.0.4 said 2GB for UFS and 6GB for ZFS if I remember correctly.

Hi cyberjock, thanks for response... I was hoping the RAM within it was enough and the requirements they were only advice... ;-)

I'll try to find a new RAM for this machine and retry the upgrade...

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.