Upgrade from 8.0.4 to 8.3.0 fails during database upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslw

Dabbler
I have tried to upgrade my freenas box with version 8.0.4-p3 to version 8.3.0 but it failed multiple times.

This error message is from the file /data/update.failed (which appear to be two error messages):

The following content types are stale and need to be deleted:

storage | diskgroup

Any objects related to these content tFATAL ERROR - The following SQL query failed: INSERT INTO "_south_new_services_ftp" ("ftp_anonuserbw", "ftp_ident", "ftp_timeout", "ftp_resume", "ftp_options", "ftp_masqaddress", "ftp_rootlogin", "id", "ftp_passiveportsmax", "ftp_ipconnections", "ftp_ssltls", "ftp_defaultroot", "ftp_dirmask", "ftp_passiveportsmin", "ftp_onlylocal", "ftp_loginattempt", "ftp_localuserbw", "ftp_port", "ftp_onlyanonymous", "ftp_reversedns", "ftp_anonuserdlbw", "ftp_clients", "ftp_anonpath", "ftp_filemask", "ftp_localuserdlbw", "ftp_banner", "ftp_fxp") SELECT "ftp_anonuserbw", "ftp_ident", "ftp_timeout", "ftp_resume", "ftp_options", "ftp_masqaddress", "ftp_rootlogin", "id", "ftp_passiveportsmax", "ftp_ipconnections", "ftp_ssltls", "ftp_defaultroot", "ftp_dirmask", "ftp_passiveportsmin", "ftp_onlylocal", "ftp_loginattempt", "ftp_localuserbw", "ftp_port", "ftp_onlyanonymous", "ftp_reversedns", "ftp_anonuserdlbw", "ftp_clients", "ftp_anonpath", "ftp_filemask", "ftp_localuserdlbw", "ftp_banner", "ftp_fxp" FROM "services_ftp";
The error was: _south_new_services_ftp.ftp_masqaddress may not be NULL
ypes by a foreign key will also
be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these content types?

Some lines after it is reported:
! Error found during real run of migration! Aborting.

! Since you have a database that does not support running
! schema-altering statements in transactions, we have had
! to leave it in an interim state between migrations.

At the end of the file is also the error message:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 337, in execute
return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)
django.db.utils.IntegrityError: _south_new_services_ftp.ftp_masqaddress may not be NULL

See the attached file for the complete error message.

System info

FreeNAS Build: FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x64 (11703)
Platform: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz
Supermicro X7SPAD525HF motherboard
Memory: 4081MB
OS Version FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p9
6 samsung F4 disks (2TB each)

After the upgrade fails the system starts again with version 8.0.4. Everything seems to work normal (of course with no upgrade). I have tried the upgrade a few times but it fails with same error message.

I have tried to turn off the ftp services but that did not make things better.

I have no idea how to solve this. I could not find similar issues on the forum.
Any hints on how to proceed?

Attachments

• update.failed.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 282

tslw

Dabbler
[solved]

I have tried to upgrade my freenas box with version 8.0.4-p3 to version 8.3.0 but it failed multiple times.

The error was: _south_new_services_ftp.ftp_masqaddress may not be NULL

The solution appeared to be very simple. In the GUI set a value for "Masquerade address" in Services / FTP before the upgrade.

Freenas version 8.3.0 is running now!

Status
Not open for further replies.