Upgrade from 11.1-U7 > 11.2-U3 failed

IceBoosteR

Guru
Hi veryone,

I have waited a long time for trying to update my main system (see my signature). Unfortunately the upgrade did not work. I get error messages from
Code:
getty repeating too quickly on /dev/ttyv0, sleeping 30 secs

to stuff like "could not find /bin/bash" or something like that and hundreds of messages that sudo for root did not work as he is not in the list of sudoers.
Very curious. I don't know if this is something to file a bug at iX.
I know there is the option to start the installation from scratch, but as I had some bad experience with upgrades at all, I want to keep at my working boot environment of 11.1-U7.

Had anyone of you the same errors? Is it worth to file a bug, or is the only option to make a clean install and restore the seetings (does it even work to "restore" from 11.1-U7 into a 11.2-U3 environment?).

Cheers,
Ice

ThreeDee

Guru
SSD or USB thumb drive? (SSD's are preferred)
If you have another drive you could use for a boot drive and back up config and install fresh.. even if just a temp boot drive to make sure everything carries over just fine .. if all good, wipe your current drive and install fresh

I burned the ISO to a disc and installed that way instead of making a USB installer and have had 0 issues running an SSD via USB to SATA cable. I had issues with USB installer though.

IceBoosteR

Guru
SSD or USB thumb drive? (SSD's are preferred)
If you have another drive you could use for a boot drive and back up config and install fresh.. even if just a temp boot drive to make sure everything carries over just fine .. if all good, wipe your current drive and install fresh

I burned the ISO to a disc and installed that way instead of making a USB installer and have had 0 issues running an SSD via USB to SATA cable. I had issues with USB installer though.
Hi,

on thumb drive (mirrored).

Okey mhh maybe I can use another USB drive and try it...
I am not very happy in fiddling around (cause to the past) with a live system. But this might the only option.

Cheers,
Ice