SOLVED Updated Radarr in Jail, now cannot access Radarr GUI

Chopper3280

Cadet
Hi All,

I'm running Truenas Core 13.2 and everything has been working perfectly for the las year or so until I updated Radarr to the latest version. Since then I have been unable to access the Radarr web GUI. I've deleted the jail and recreated and reinstalled Radarr, I've even tried installing Radarr as a plugin rather than manually in a standalone jail. I'd be quite happy to roll back to the previous installation, but for some reason I have no snapshots of the Radarr Jail and I don't know how to specify a particular version of Radarr to install.
In addition to Radarr I also have Bazarr, Sonarr, Readarr, Lidarr, Prowlarr, Plex media server, SabNZBD and Qbittorrent. All are working perfectly with the exception of Radarr

Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Regards,

Chop

dg1m

Cadet
I ran into the same issue and was able rollback to the previous snapshots to regain access. Do you have any snapshots for other jails? Did deleting your jail also delete your snapshots?

I'm not sure who maintains the community plugins and the config.json file in my iocage/jails/radarr folder points to a github that hasn't been updated in 5 years so I'm not sure how the plugins actually work.

If you create a basejail and do a "pkg search radarr" does anything return? I'm at work now and don't have access to my home server so I can't test.

Chopper3280

Cadet
Thanks for your reply.
I have no snapshots of radarr so I am unable to roll back to radarr-4.7.5.7809_1 from radarr-4.7.5.7809_2
A "pkg search radarr" from the radarr jail returns "radarr-4.7.5.7809_2 Movie Library Manager for Usenet and BitTorrent users"

Chopper3280

Cadet
Thanks for your reply.
I have no snapshots of radarr so I am unable to roll back to radarr-4.7.5.7809_1 from radarr-4.7.5.7809_2
A "pkg search radarr" from the radarr jail returns "radarr-4.7.5.7809_2 Movie Library Manager for Usenet and BitTorrent users"
I forgot to reiterate that I am not using the radarr plugin. After my radarr jail broke I tried installing the plugin with the same result.. unable to access radarr web gui. So I have gone back to using the jail and manually installing Radarr.
The exact error message is;

10.0.1.23 refused to connect.

Try:​

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Onny

Cadet
Same problem, no access to GUI after update.

Logfile:

[v4.7.5.7809] System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'MonoPosixHelper' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: Shared object "libMonoPosixHelper" not found, required by "Radarr"

anvilsname

Cadet
It looks like you have to install mono based on the error in the log:
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'MonoPosixHelper' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: Shared object "libMonoPosixHelper" not found, required by "Radarr"

I fixed it as follows:

1. Connect to the jail (replace ## with the jail id):

sudo jexec ## csh

2. Install mono.

pkg install mono

3. Confirm install with "y"

Radarr loaded right up after this install finished.

Good luck!

dg1m

Cadet
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library 'MonoPosixHelper' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: Shared object "libMonoPosixHelper" not found, required by "Radarr"

I fixed it as follows:

sudo jexec ## csh

2. Install mono.

pkg install mono

Good luck!
Installing mono resolved the issue after doing the plugin upgrade. Is the command sudo jexec ## csh the same as iocage console *jailname*?

That should be corrected by the port/package maintainer.

mono should be added as a dependency. (You should never have to manually figure out dependencies for software from a repo.)

Chopper3280

Cadet
That solved it for me too, I opened the shell in the jail running radarr and installed mono and BOOYAH!
Thanks for your assist, I never would have solved it on my own.

SlackerDude

Explorer
I can confirm that the above procedure worked a charm on Radarr, Readarr, and Prowlarr as well. Thanks for the quick & easy fix, anvilsname. This latest issue causes me to think more about whether to either stay on Core and use standard jails (no plugins) or migrate over to Scale and see how the apps work.

This latest issue causes me to think more about whether to either stay on Core and use standard jails (no plugins) or migrate over to Scale and see how the apps work.
To be fair, this wasn't really an issue of "Plugins" on Core, per se. The maintainer for the radarr port needs to include mono as a dependency.

Davvo

MVP

SlackerDude

Explorer
To be fair, this wasn't really an issue of "Plugins" on Core, per se. The maintainer for the radarr port needs to include mono as a dependency.
Thank you for the clarification. I realize the "Plugin" reference was inaccurate on my part. The whole idea of having a central place from which to select, install, and manage apps (Plugins) has always been an attraction for me because I am lazy. TrueNAS Core has been and I suspect, will continue to be rock-solid as a file server.

You should still avoid "Plugins" on Core, regardless. Create your own jails and/or use "scripts" as provided by others in this community.

Consider Core's "Plugins" as dead.

logikol

Cadet

I fixed it as follows:

sudo jexec ## csh

2. Install mono.

pkg install mono

Good luck!
Confirmed, installed mono by doing the following (didn't need to use sudo).
From the truenas shell prompt:
jexec ## csh pkg install mono
...wait...
refresh http://IPADDRESS:7878