Cannot access radarr GUI

answer35

Dabbler
Hi guys,

Last friday, I installed radarr on my fresh TrueNAS, everything went fine. during the weekend I had to uninstall it.
Then I installed it, once again, but now I cannot access GUI. when I use shell of the jail, I can see with service radarr status that it is running.
Jail is running NAT, NAT port forwarding 7878 is activated. Sonarr is configured the same way and is working fine. Don't understand what's wrong now.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
have a look at htop on the host and see if you can find the process for radarr... maybe it isn't really running.

answer35

Dabbler
have a look at htop on the host and see if you can find the process for radarr... maybe it isn't really running.
Yep looks like it's here
1643656881038.png

answer35

Dabbler
No matter what I do, I cannot get it fixed :( I don't know if something might have been wrong on Host side but then why only with that plugin.

I updated last night and having the same issue since. Service is running in shell, but I can't reach GUI.

answer35

Dabbler
I updated last night and having the same issue since. Service is running in shell, but I can't reach GUI.
Ooooh "nice", speaking of facts that it is not anything in my config taht went wrong but update that broke it. Is there a way to install previous version ? Sorry I don't know FreeBSD et TrueNAS a lot, only few days.

FrankNAS

Contributor
the daemon is running but not the app. if you are running the dotnet version, make sure that `allow_mlock` is on for that jail

answer35

Dabbler
the daemon is running but not the app. if you are running the dotnet version, make sure that `allow_mlock` is on for that jail
Not sure about that dotnet version you are talking too. I am just using the plugin available in community section for TrueNAS Core. Are you talking about that one ? How/Where should I check for that allow_mlock ?

FrankNAS

Contributor
sooooo... the version that the community plugin lists is: Version: 3.2.2.5080_1. The `_1` is actually the important part here. https://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/radarr/ lists the `_1` revision of 3.2.2.5080 as the dotNET version. If the plugin system does not setup `allow_mlock` when setting up the jail then the Radarr app will not work.

you can try this:
in the TrueNAS gui -> click "Shell" on the left-hand side -> in the window that pops up type "iocage get allow_mlock NAMEOFJAIL" (NAMEOFJAIL is the name that you gave to the jail where you installed Radarr) -> if it returns "0" then type "iocage set allow_mlock=1 NAMEOFJAIL". See if that fixes it

edit: if that resolves the issue, then the plugin needs to be updated to automatically add `allow_mlock=1` when it makes the jail

edit2: I created a PR to fix the lack of `allow_mlock` in the community plugin

Last edited:

bjlled

Cadet
Thanks Frank - will give it a try --- I can confirm radarr was working just fine prior to the latest update. updated the plugin -> Broke; completely trashed the jail and installed again, still broke. I will try what you said just to get back up!

Thanks.

bjlled

Cadet
That fixed it, how do we get this to the creators of the plugin so they fix it.

answer35

Dabbler
Yes it worked for me too, you're the man
sooooo... the version that the community plugin lists is: Version: 3.2.2.5080_1. The `_1` is actually the important part here. https://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/radarr/ lists the `_1` revision of 3.2.2.5080 as the dotNET version. If the plugin system does not setup `allow_mlock` when setting up the jail then the Radarr app will not work.

you can try this:
in the TrueNAS gui -> click "Shell" on the left-hand side -> in the window that pops up type "iocage get allow_mlock NAMEOFJAIL" (NAMEOFJAIL is the name that you gave to the jail where you installed Radarr) -> if it returns "0" then type "iocage set allow_mlock=1 NAMEOFJAIL". See if that fixes it

edit: if that resolves the issue, then the plugin needs to be updated to automatically add `allow_mlock=1` when it makes the jail

Yes it worked for me too, you're the man :) Thank you so much for solving this so "easily" ^^

garm

Wizard

you can try this:

Thanks Man! I have banged my head on this one for weeks...

TAC

Contributor

you can try this:

Thanks, fixed me right up! :smile:

deastick

Dabbler

you can try this:

perfect answer. worked for me.

Code:
Version: 4.3.2.6857
Plugin: radarr
Release: 13.1-RELEASE-p7