Cannot access radarr GUI

SneakiCow

Dabbler
Thanks... Still needed

NugentS

MVP
Not sure about that dotnet version you are talking too. I am just using the plugin available in community section for TrueNAS Core. Are you talking about that one ? How/Where should I check for that allow_mlock ?
Don't use TrueNAS Core Plugins. They are basically unsupported
Roll you own Jail - its a lot more reliable

Barranda

Cadet
Don't use TrueNAS Core Plugins. They are basically unsupported
Roll you own Jail - its a lot more reliable
I had my own Radarr jail and used pkg upgrade to upgrade to the newest version 4.3.2.6857. This broke my Radarr with the same symptoms, it starts with the correct ipv4 address I gave it but I was unable to connect.

After using the mlock fix that FrankNAS gave me it worked again!

mjayjock

Dabbler
sooooo... the version that the community plugin lists is: Version: 3.2.2.5080_1. The `_1` is actually the important part here. https://www.freshports.org/net-p2p/radarr/ lists the `_1` revision of 3.2.2.5080 as the dotNET version. If the plugin system does not setup `allow_mlock` when setting up the jail then the Radarr app will not work.

you can try this:
in the TrueNAS gui -> click "Shell" on the left-hand side -> in the window that pops up type "iocage get allow_mlock NAMEOFJAIL" (NAMEOFJAIL is the name that you gave to the jail where you installed Radarr) -> if it returns "0" then type "iocage set allow_mlock=1 NAMEOFJAIL". See if that fixes it

edit: if that resolves the issue, then the plugin needs to be updated to automatically add `allow_mlock=1` when it makes the jail

edit2: I created a PR to fix the lack of `allow_mlock` in the community plugin
FrankNAS: YOU ARE THE MAN! I got a cryptic note when I installed Radarr in a Jail saying: "If you are running this in a jail please set "allow_mlock=1" or similar for this jail otherwise the program will fail to start". I tried "set allow_mlock=1" in the jail cell. It did NOT return an error but it did not fix anything either. I honestly do not see how any average enthusiast will get TrueNAS Jails to work without good folks like yourself to help us out. So grateful!!

timpj5

Cadet
Ok, I've been working on this for hours now... I've recreated the jail multiple times and still can't connect to the GUI.

I've ensured that allow_mlock is enabled (recreated from scratch to validate). I setup a vanilla radarr config using the vanilla radarr user (I usually configure with media user/group) but keep running into issues starting the radarr service when setting media as the user.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Below are the commands I used to install:

Code:
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg update
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg upgrade
# iocage set enforce_statfs=1 radarr4k
# iocage exec radarr4k mkdir -p /downloads
# iocage exec radarr4k mkdir -p /media/Movies
# iocage fstab -a radarr4k /mnt/ZFS4TB/Movies /media/Movies nullfs rw 0 0
# iocage exec radarr4k sysrc radarr_enable=TRUE
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg install nano
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg install radarr
# iocage exec radarr4k service radarr restart

Service starts, status shows as running but cannot connect to http://IPADDRESS:7878

FrankNAS

Contributor
Ok, I've been working on this for hours now... I've recreated the jail multiple times and still can't connect to the GUI.

I've ensured that allow_mlock is enabled (recreated from scratch to validate). I setup a vanilla radarr config using the vanilla radarr user (I usually configure with media user/group) but keep running into issues starting the radarr service when setting media as the user.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Below are the commands I used to install:

Code:
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg update
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg upgrade
# iocage set enforce_statfs=1 radarr4k
# iocage exec radarr4k mkdir -p /downloads
# iocage exec radarr4k mkdir -p /media/Movies
# iocage fstab -a radarr4k /mnt/ZFS4TB/Movies /media/Movies nullfs rw 0 0
# iocage exec radarr4k sysrc radarr_enable=TRUE
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg install nano
# iocage exec radarr4k pkg install radarr
# iocage exec radarr4k service radarr restart

Service starts, status shows as running but cannot connect to http://IPADDRESS:7878

Are you sure mlock is on? you did not set it via the commands you listed. (`set allow_mlock=1`)

from TrueNAS console: `freebsd-version -ru -j radarr4k`
the Jail should be 13.2. 13.1 is EOL

does the jail list two `radarr` entries (other than the grep one) for `ps aux | grep radarr`