Unable to Save UPS Config

seb101

Contributor
Hi folks,

I have a UI issue in TrueNAS 12 RC1. I am unable to save any changes to the UPS config screen - the 'Save' button remains inactive (greyed out) no matter how many fields I change in the config. This config has been in place for several years so it's possible that an 'old version' config somehow breaks the latest UI. However I've always upgraded version to version, never a big jump. No idea how long it's been like this as I very rarely edit the UPS config.

It seems this issue was also present in 11.3: https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/unable-to-save-ups-configuration.85712/

Does anyone know how to get this working again?

Thanks!

seb101

Contributor
Quick followup on this. Using the 11.3 thread as a hint, I used sqlite to delete my original UPS config from the DB. Then went back to the config page - this time there was a new field that I've never seen before 'Port or Hostname'. I believe this field was historically hidden when the UPS config was in 'Slave' mode. Now however, it's a mandatory field even in Slave mode, which makes no sense.

The documentation seems to confirm this is a bug as it states:
1602085995076.png

Port or Hostname becomes Remote Port when the UPS Mode is set to Slave. Enter the open network port number of the UPS Master system. The default port is 3493.

However, in the UI, when Slave mode is selected, both the 'Remote Port' and 'Port or Hostname' fields remain visible and mandatory:
1602086250895.png

Leaving 'Port or Hostname' blank prevents the save button from activating. The only way I could work-around this problem was to set it to an arbitrary value.
1602086223451.png

Now my UPS config saves and works.

My guess is that my original issue (not being able to save) was because the 'Port or Hostname' field was hidden but still considered mandatory by the validation script.