Save Config fails

kirkdickinson

Contributor
It has been a while since I saved my configuration. I have two servers and logged in to the TrueNAS server and saved my configuration. It downloaded it to my web browser as a TAR file. I logged into the other server which is FreeNAS. When I click Save Config, it tells me that it is saved, but It isn't where I expected it to go.

FreeNAS Version: FreeNAS-11.2-U8

Log file shows no error messages.

Redcoat

MVP
t tells me that it is saved, but It isn't where I expected it to go.
I would expect to find it in my default windows downloads folder. I don't understand something "downloading to my browser" as the browser isn't a file storage location AFAIK...

kirkdickinson

Contributor
I would expect to find it in my default windows downloads folder. I don't understand something "downloading to my browser" as the browser isn't a file storage location AFAIK...
The TrueNAS backup config shows up in my browsers downloads folder. Since it downloads through Firefox, it is in the drop down as a recent download.

I did the download the same way with the FreeNAS installation and it neither shows up as a recent download in my browser, or in the actual downloads folder.

Redcoat

MVP
I have no idea why that would be. I'd try the File Explorer search function to locate the FreeNAS file.

A search on "*FreeNAS*.tar" should find it for you..

kirkdickinson

Contributor
I have no idea why that would be. I'd try the File Explorer search function to locate the FreeNAS file.

A search on "*FreeNAS*.tar" should find it for you..
A search turns up this in my downloads folder from back in April.
freenas-FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1)-20210409183846.db

The TrueNAS file from yesterday is named:
TrueNAS1-TrueNAS-12.0-U4.1-20211214165622.tar

Redcoat

MVP
It's difficult for me not to conclude that your FreeNAS backup yesterday must have failed for some reason. I would try it again.

kirkdickinson

Contributor
Weird,

I tried it 10 times with nothing. I deleted some of my older snapshots to get my pool back under 80%, then tried it and it worked first try.