Unable to connect to external Internet network using DHCP

Eliy1970

Dabbler
Merry Christmas to everyone bro
Something strange in the definition of the network card, when I disable DHCP and set a fixed IP address I manage to enter the interface but can not download Plugins because it does not connect to the external Internet network and only when I run DHCP with IP address I manage to connect to the Internet and download Plugins

What did I miss that it works that way? I understand as soon as I enter a fixed IP address and disable DHCP I can still connect to the Internet, but in practice it does not happen .... I would be happy for your generous help

In this configuration there is access to the external Internet, as well as access from the internal network, with an automatic IP address (which I do not want)
13.PNG

15.png

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Did you configure the default gateway? You must do so if you want to reach networks outside your subnet.

Eliy1970

Dabbler
You're right !!! I did not set the default getaway and the DNS, now I did it and it really works fine, the problem is that the plugins that have been set to get an automatic IP address no longer respond to me
For example transmission and jdownloader

Where to configure them correctly following changing the settings to a fixed IP address ....

Thank you for your kind help

***UPDATE***

I changed the setting inside the Jails in ip4 instead of New to Inherit and everything works fine,

Hope I did right, waiting to hear your opinion :)

Last edited: