Unable to access Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom93950

Dabbler
I am new to FreeNAS but was able to install the Plex plugin last week. Now when I look for the list of available plugins nothing comes up. I checked the user guide and forums which indicate that the most likely explanation is that the Network settings are incorrect. Below is a screenshot of my current network settings:

upload_2018-8-22_15-42-10.png

I am not using DHCP so I entered the IPv4 IP address of my router in the Default Gateway field and in the Nameserver 1 field; however, I still can't access available or installed plugins. Can someone help with this?

Dom93950

Dabbler
OK, I think I found the answer. I wasn't able to access plugins by changing the Default Gateway in the WebGUI as shown in the posted screenshot. However, I was successful if I used the Console Setup screen on the server itself. Specifically, what I did was to choose option 6: Configure DNS from the list that comes up after booting FreeNAS. When asked to "enter DNS Domain:" I entered 192.168.1.254 and when asked to "enter NameServer 1:" I entered 192.168.1.254 again. Went back to the WebGUI on a remote computer and now I can view and install plugins! Could this be a bug in the WebGUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.